Pharaoh’s Fortune winds the clock backwards and transports players to ancient Egypt, with slot symbols represented as hieroglyphs that move every time you make a winning combination. If you like playing the King of the Nile or Queen of the Nile pokies by Aristocrat the you will enjoy this free online slot.
Even better is the fact this slot adds a subtle humor to these otherwise seemingly serious and dignified images. In fact, the Pharaoh mask symbol that sports a huge grin more than belies this fact. This poker machine has a hip soundtrack aka Walk Like an Egyptian made famous by the Bangles in 1986.
Playing Pharaoh’s Fortune Free IGT Poker Machine
Pharaoh’s Fortune has a standard reel grid of 5 reels and 3 rows. Its maximum of 15 paylines are fixed, and it’s only this slot’s line bet that players have control over. It’s immediately multiplied to the former in order to give you your total bet in a spin. However, it’s important to note beforehand that during this slot’s Free Spins bonus round, paylines increase to 20, adding a better chance for players to win. Winning formation pays are made from left to right.
Game Symbols & Betting
- The Majority of symbols in this game are hieroglyphs. It lacks the usual card symbols and incorporates animal and other ancient Egyptian motifs as common, low-value symbols. These symbols are Owl, Jackal, Snake, and Eye of Ra. Owl and Jackal are paired together with their mirror rewards, amounting to as high as 100 credits (assuming you get 5 of a kind of either of these symbols).
- Snake and Eye of Ra has a similar maximum but they are made different by their better 3 and 4 of a kind rewards.
- The next, higher-tier symbols are involved more with actual Egyptian persons and gods. First, is an Egyptian Woman symbol that gives 200 credits max, which closely follows an effigy of Anubis and Man on Chariot, both of which multiplies it twice, giving 400 credits for 5 of a kind combinations.
- Royal Couple symbol gives 500 credits, and stands out because if its 2 of a kind reward, which is only a privilege given to this slot’s most significant symbols. The most coveted symbol in this tier is the Horus Falcon, which gives as much as 1,000 credits, the second highest reward that you can get with of-a-kind formations.
- Scatter and bonus symbols take the form of either Scarab Beetles or Pharaoh Masks. The former have their own rewards for 2 to 5 of a kind formations, while the latter is more concerned with triggering this game’s Free Spins round.
- Wild symbols are this slot’s most valuable symbol, rewards-wise, as they give as much as 10,000 credits, besides their ability to substitute for symbols.
· Free Spins Symbols – One unique aspect of this slot is that its symbols change completely once you enter its Free Spins round. Common symbols become a Woman and Man performing various Poses. High-value symbols change to Chiseler, Boy among River Reeds, Priest performing Mummification Rites, and Pharaoh in His Throne. Wilds become a Pharaoh Mask turned to the side, and scatters change to a frontal view of the Sphinx. It’s vital to note, though, that of-a-kind rewards during free spins drastically decrease in value.
- Pharaoh’s Fortune Bonus – Three of Pharaoh Mask with green background starts a Free Spins bonus round. It gives a comparatively low amount of free spins (3, to be exact) and a x1 multiplier on the initial trigger. However, it’s up to you how much additional spins and multipliers you’ll earn by selecting from a number of stone blocks that would be presented to you.
- 5 more paylines are added and the Free Spins symbols take the place of base game symbols. It’s also important to note that any winning combination you get in a free spin is already subject to a x3 bonus multiplier. Any wins that involve 5 wild symbols is multiplied only by line bet and not by bonus multipliers you’ve earned.
- During Free Spins, Pharaoh Masks are still in play but their background color changes to yellow. They also start to appear of reels 1, 2, and 3 only, and they give additional free spins equivalent to the one you got after starting the feature and picking all valid stone blocks.